Membership is FREE of charge! We believe that your commitment to the organization suffices as a contribution. You benefit from being a part of our team, and we benefit from having you on our team.
The Queens Distance Runners Club exists to help athletes improve their distance running through training focused in Queens. Our borough features some of the biggest public parks in the city and long paths that extend into different neighborhoods. QDR members are highly diverse and we expect members to be team players who take an active part in both the training and social life of the club. After obtaining membership, athletes will have to attend workouts and races to maintain their active free membership.
Membership benefits include:
- Networking capabilities with Queens natives
- Receiving current news on developments via our Newsletter.
- Having the opportunity to run with our QDR: Neighborhood Runs, spread across Queens.
- Working with National Academy of Sports Medicine and United States of America Track and Field Association Certified Coaches to train you for your upcoming races using Queens as the primary training ground.
- 15% Discount off Running Warehouse online shopping! (Inquire for the code-not meant to be distributed. Consequences of distribution leads to termination of membership)
- Access and discounted rates to massage therapy sessions.
- Discounted rates for race photography (Must be officially affiliated as a Queens Distance Runners member)
- Discounts for future QDR Race Events such as “For The Love of Queens 5K” and the “QDR 30K”.
- Discounts for transportation to major race events (NYC Marathon, Boston Marathon)
- Being part of the QDR Team at NYRR and NYC RUNS races!
- Grow with the club that is presenting “The Inaugural Queens Marathon”, and be a part of this borough’s history!
Note- If you submit an incomplete application, you will not receive active membership.
Queens Distance Runners Membership FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Do I need to live in Queens to become a member? Not at all, many of our teammates live in Brooklyn and some of our members extend to the far reaches of New Jersey!
- I want to become a member and affiliate myself with QDR, but if I don’t race well ,will I hurt the team score? No! Become a member and affiliate yourself with our team! Points races are scored using just the team’s fastest 5 Women and Men.
- Does this mean I am now affiliated with QDR for NYRR races? Nope! As we put together Race Events and outings Queens-wide, we have several members of different clubs that are members of QDR to receive informational material and benefits mentioned above. If you wish to be affiliated with QDR for NYRR races, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org that you wish to do so.