This basis of our Membership is FREE of charge! We believe that your commitment to the organization suffices as a contribution. You benefit from being a part of our team, and we benefit from having you on our team. If you wish to become a holder of our QDR Member Plus, click on the tab at the Membership Menu
The Queens Distance Runners Club exists to help athletes improve their distance running through training focused in Queens. Our borough features some of the biggest public parks in the city and long paths that extend into different neighborhoods. QDR members are highly diverse and we expect members to be team players who take an active part in both the training and social life of the club.
General Membership benefits include:
- Networking capabilities with Queens natives
- Receiving current news on developments via our Newsletter.
- Having the opportunity to run with our QDR: Neighborhood Runs, spread across Queens.
- 15% Discount off Running Warehouse online shopping! (Inquire for the code-not meant to be distributed. Consequences of distribution leads to termination of membership)
- Discounted rates for race photography (Must be officially affiliated as a Queens Distance Runners member)
- Discounted rates for events produced by Queens Distance Runners
- Being part of the QDR Team at NYRR and NYC RUNS races!
Note- If you submit an incomplete application, you will not receive active membership.
Queens Distance Runners Membership FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Do I need to live in Queens to become a member? Not at all, many of our teammates live in Brooklyn and some of our members extend to the far reaches of New Jersey! We even have a member in Alaska!
- I run for another Running Club, but I wish to fill out a Membership so I can get discounts to QDR Race Events, is that okay? That’s allowed!
- I want to become a member and affiliate myself with QDR, but if I don’t race well ,will I hurt the team score? No! Become a member and affiliate yourself with our team! Points races are scored using just the team’s fastest 5 Women and Men.
- Does this mean I am now affiliated with QDR for NYRR races? Nope! As we put together Race Events and outings Queens-wide, we have several members of different clubs that are members of QDR to receive informational material and benefits mentioned above. If you wish to be affiliated with QDR for NYRR races, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org that you wish to do so.
- Is there a difference between the Queens Distance Runners Organization Facebook Page, and Group Discussion? Which is which and how do I join the Group Discussion? We have two separate Facebook accounts, a Page that we use for general announcements to the General Public that is connected to our Twitter and Instagram, and a Group Discussion where members communicate with one another. Once you complete your application for Membership, send a “Join Group” request at this link and you will be confirmed. Please note that everyone in our Facebook Group has filled out a QDR Membership Form.